Weight Loss Success Storie - diet and exercises (Man)



weight loss success stories When did you become unhappy with your weight?
I was married for almost 18 years. For the last 5 or 6 years of my marriage, I had gained weight exponentially each year. Not only was I obese, but I was also a heavy smoker. When I got separated from my ex-wife close to 3 years ago, I had an epiphany. I looked at myself in the mirror and couldn't believe what I was looking at. How had I allowed myself to get like that?
weight loss success stories What made you decide to lose weight?
I wanted to live a longer life for my 3 children and I wanted to be happy with myself again. These things made me take the first step into my journey of weight loss which has now become a passion for fitness.
weight loss success stories What were the most important changes you made to lose weight?
I had yo-yo dieted for many years and tried many of the fad diets. I was "successful" in losing weight those times, but I never kept it off because I was not making a lifestyle change. The most important change that has lead to my success is knowing to take things one day at a time. When I started on my quest, I did not join a gym and I did not exert myself enough. What I did was ask myself, "What am I willing to do NOW which will help me continue to do it for the rest of my life?" My answer then was to walk for 15 minutes each night and I made small adjustments to my horrendous eating habits. Today, I can run up to 10 miles at a 10 minute per mile pace. I also weight train 5 days per week and my bad eating moments are most people's best eating habits! I am proud to say that today I have a body fat percentage of 12%!
weight loss success stories What was most challenging about losing weight?
The most challenging thing for me was changing my bad eating habits. As soon as I started to see the weight coming off, I was motivated to continue on this path.
weight loss success stories How long did it take you to start to see results?
I saw results right away. I started to lose weight after the first week and it never stopped from there.
weight loss success stories How long did it take for you to reach your current weight?

I lost 80 pounds in approximately 11 months but as any fitness professional will tell you, we are all a work in progress. The other 20 pounds I lost were lost slowly as I built muscle and lost body fat.

weight loss success stories How long have you maintained your weight loss and how do you do it?
I started my lifestyle change close to 3 years ago. I weight train 5 days per week and do interval cardio training 6 days per week.
weight loss success stories How has your life changed now that you've lost weight?
My life has changed in many ways! I am healthier physically, mentally and emotionally. My self esteem although never low, is at an all time high. I have been the inspiration of many to start their own quest of a healthy lifestyle change and I have finally found a real life passion!




No comments:

Post a Comment